Saturday, March 12, 2011

FInding a House

The flight over was amazing.  If you have a chance to fly first class that is the way to go.  We missed our daughter like crazy I think it was better to leave her.  My husband is very good at finding our way around airports, train stations and streets.  Everyone in Japan is extremely nice and helpful.  Why can't people in the U.S. be more customer focused.
We spent two days looking at apartments and I was pretty much set to live in a high rise hoping that my daughter would never find a way to get out on the balcony when we found  house.  Very big for Japanese houses.  Four bedrooms and on a nice street.  My suggestion:  always ask for exactly what you want when searching for a place to live or you may not see it.  So now we are going to live in Kakegawa.  Everyone told me that is was small but it is bigger than where I live now and I feel safer than in a big city.  It will still be hard getting around and trying to communicate with people but I think we will make it work.  I can't say that I am excited but I am definitely more comfortable with the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment