Sunday, March 4, 2012

Okonomiyaki Aka Japanese

My brother Michael and his girlfriend Dana came and visited this week.  Along with much late nights of laughing and saki we went out to dinner for Okonomiyaki (Japanese pizza).  You sit at a table with a little grill, similar to when you go out for dinner at a Japanese restaurant in the U.S.  However, you have to cook yourself,  I got a break since I had  watch Julia. You start with a bowl of ingredients:  I had sausage, cheese, red pepper and the cabbage.  The cabbage is the main part and then what you want to add.  They bring you the ingredients, then pancake mix with an egg on top.  You mix the egg and mix, then add to the ingredients, stir up and put on the griddle.  Form a circle, and cook for 5 minutes on each side.  After cooking you add some spices and Mayo or mustard if you want.  It tastes especially good with a draft beer!

 Let's get this party started...right?
 Jeff's meal:  Seafood, not sure what it all was but I did see a little tentacle.
 First cook your pork, or what I would call bacon.
Who had made theirs the best pancake circle. I think Dana had the best.
 After the flip and sauce is added.
 We had a great night.  Now home to drink saki.

No comments:

Post a Comment