Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Longest Wooden Bridge in the World & Sushi

Saturday we went to a great sushi place.  No idea of the name because it is in Japanese but has two little sprouts on the sign so we call it the little green guy place.  Sushi comes out on a conveyor belt and you can either choose from there or use a touch screen to order your own and it travels out to your table on a mini Shinkansan train.  Very fun!  The best part is that it is only $1.25 per plate of sushi.  Only beer, Mizu (water) and juice boxes to drink and little desserts come around too.  Julia had fun but may have touched a few items -oops.  Entire meal less than $20 for a belly full of sushi.  I highly recommend the crab sushi.  Large chucks of crab on the rice, yummy!





Then we took a drive to the world's longest wooden bridge.  The Guinness Book of Records as the longest wooden walking bridge (897m) in 1997.  It was right near a huge Apita (Like a Super Target).  The railings were very short so I was nervous walking over it and had to focus on the middle of the bridge so I did not freak out.  Beautiful view and on the other side we saw two little fox playing near the water, but when I got close enough to get a picture, they ran off.  Julia thought it was a blast because it was windy and dare I say it, somewhat cool.  Which means I did not sweat 10 pounds off.


 I think he does this on purpose to make me nervous.
 And we are off to the other side.
 Sun setting around 6:30pm
 We made it!  Now to walk back.
 Some of the shrines on the other side.


 Ready to walk back.
Enjoying some milk and chillin with Dad after my long walk.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time! I really like the picture of the three of you together. Great scenery in your pictures. It looks hilly there. So happy you are settling in there. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete